Well, it looks like awards season kicked off into high gear last Sunday with the 2015 Golden Globes, hosted for the 3rd year in a row by the famous duo: Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
To celebrate the start of the festivities and outfits’ inspiration that come with it, we’ve highlighted five red carpet looks that caught our eye during this first Hollywood ceremony of the season.
While most commented on women’s outfits on the red carpet, we focus here on the dashing looks of their male counterparts.
Here is, for starters, our top Five for best dressed men at the 2015 Golden Globes!
The actor not only won an award for best supporting actor in a series, miniseries or TV movie, he also won our widely shared opinion award of best dressed man of the night. He embodied perfectly Ralph Lauren’s spirit with just the right navy blue satin shawl lapel tuxedo and a plain white custom shirt. Need we say more?
– Ralph Lauren Black Label navy tuxedo
Eddie was definitely the man of these Golden Globes, winning the best actor in a motion picture drama award for his critically acclaimed interpretation of the astrophysicist Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything. The actor kept it classic and classy with a black tuxedo, adding his own British touch with the velvet jacket.
One of the boldest, still fashion savvy choice of the evening was the raisin-hued tuxedo worn by the bearded Interstellar actor. Look out for this color as you will see a lot of it this season. All we want to know is, what will he wear next?
– Purple tuxedo by Dolce & Gabbana
Although most talked about Jared Leto’s new hairstyle during these Golden Globes (he wore a man braid); we also loved his peak lapel white tuxedo (classic Jared!). One of the highlights of the night was also the engaged speech he gave, paying tribute to the victims of Paris’ terrorist attack.
– White Lanvin tuxedo with a black satin lapel
Hard to find a picture of George by himself when everybody photographed the expected first red carpet of Mr. and Mrs. Clooney. Smart as always, our favorite Doctor recycled his wedding tuxedo and custom shirt for the occasion. On the other hand, Amal wore a Dior gown with white gloves you might or might not approve of (we personally loved it).
The couple made a hit in classic Hollywood style, with thoughtful and assorted “Je suis Charlie” pins.
– Custom-made black tuxedo by Giorgio Armani
- Placket Or No Placket? The shirt placket, meaning the front surrounding the buttons or a…
- Proper Sleeve Length – Style Q&A I recently bought a suit and it fits great,…
- How To Rock French Cuffs Without a Tie Can French cuffs be worn without a tie? Now that…
- Collar Con-fused: Fusing Explained If you've ever run into a finicky shirt collar, chances…
- Style Q&A: The Tie Bar I recently bought a tie bar, it's obviously to…